On somedays I just want a simple muffin with a good cup of tea...
Good chocolate muffin recipes are not easy to come by. I've tried quite a few. They are either too dry, or not chocolatey enough or too fattening. Here's one that is just about right. Rich and moist but healthier if you use low fat plain yoghurt.
The combination of a good quality chocolate powder and chocolate chips which oozes when you bite into it is what makes this muffin stand out. This is definitely one of my favourite chocolate muffin recipes.
Moist Chocolate Muffins (12 large or 18 small muffins)
From All Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, 3/4 cup chocolate chips, cocoa powder, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Whisk egg, yogurt, milk, and vegetable oil in another bowl until smooth; pour into chocolate mixture and stir until batter is just blended.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.