Menu planning has got to be one of the most difficult jobs to do. Everyday, I have to think of dishes that are not only nutritious, delicious, easy to cook and suits everyone's taste buds - really not an easy task. Sometimes, I would actually serve the same dish for dinner weekly because I'm out of ideas.
This Thai Chicken and Pineapple Stir Fry at Skinny Taste was one of those recipes that I am thankful for because it's a delicious one-dish meal with protein, vegetables and fruit all in! The best part is that its easy to whip up, definitely great for busy days when one needs to prepare dinner in a hurry.
This Thai inspired stir fry of colorful bell peppers, fresh pineapple and chicken is a lovely combination of savory, sweet and spicy. I have never used pineapples in savoury dishes before and I loved the refreshing sweetness it added to the dish.
I didn't have any of the Thai Chilli sauce that was recommended by the recipe so I used the Maggie Sweet Chilli Sauce and cut down on the amount. The dish was just a little spicy and my entire family gave it the thumbs up.
Recipe from here
- 1 lb (453 g) boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp Thai Kitchen fish sauce (I used low sodium fish sauce)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oil, divided
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 cups cubed assorted colors bell peppers (I cut into strips)
- 1 red chili pepper, chopped (optional or to taste)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks (I used 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup Thai Kitchen Pineapple & Chili dipping sauce (I used 1/4 cup Maggie chilli sauce)
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
- Mix chicken and fish sauce in medium bowl. Add cornstarch; toss to evenly coat. Set aside.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add garlic and
- ginger; stir fry 30 seconds. Add bell peppers, chili pepper if using and pineapple; stir fry 3 to 5 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp. Add sauce; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining oil in the skillet. Add chicken; stir fry 5 minutes or until cooked through. Return bell pepper mixture to skillet; stir fry until well blended. Garnish with cilantro.
I am submitting your post to Aspiring Bakers #28: Chicken Feast (February 2013) hosted by SSB of Small Small Baker. See details HERE.
This is for Made with Love Mondays by Javelin Warrior
This is for Little Thumbs Up hosted by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY.