When I saw this beautiful Christmas-tree shaped pumpkin rolls made by Jeannie of The Baking Diary, I was drawn to it. Firstly because I love pumpkin rolls and secondly, I thought it was a fabulous idea to serve rolls this way for a Christmas dinner.
It doesn't take a lot of extra effort to arrange the buns into shape of a Christmas tree and it can be beautifully decorated for your Christmas lunch or dinner. You can use any bread roll recipe but I particularly liked this pumpkin one because pumpkin imparts a sweetness to the bread without the need for additional sugar.
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and have a great time with your loved ones!
Recipe from The Baking Diary
15 g bread flour
75 g water
150 g pumpkin puree
2½ cup bread flour
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon dry milk
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon dry yeast
¼ cup water
1½ tablespoon butter (softened or use 1.5 tbsp of oil)
In a small pan, mix all the ingredients of water roux, place in a low heat and stir constantly until the temperature reach 65C (150F), or if you do not have a thermometer, cook until ripples form. Set aside to cool by covering with a plastic film.
- In the bread machine bucket, add the water roux, and all the other ingredients, except for the butter.
- Turn the machine to knead mode until it forms soft dough, slightly sticky. Add more water of flour as needed since the content of water will vary between different pumpkin puree. Add the butter and let it knead until the butter incorporates to the dough.
- Remove the dough and place in a bowl by covering with a plastic film.
- Let both dough proof until the dough double to its original size.
- Knock back the dough and weigh 35 g each and roll into a smooth roll and shape your tree on the baking sheet. You will need a total of 19 balls.
- Let it proof for another 30-45 mins. Brush some melted butter on top of the buns, sprinkle/scatter the chopped rosemary and then add some sea salt on top.
- Cover the pan and bake in a preheated oven of 350 F (175 C) for approximately 25 minutes. Cool on a rack.
I am submitting this to the "Baby Sumo's Christmas Recipes Collection 2013" event here.
lovely edible tree..... if this was on display, it'd be pulled apart and totally eaten by meReplyDelete
Jingle bell， Jingle bell......I love this X'mas tree!ReplyDelete
Hi Mich, very nice edible Christmas Tree. Merry Christmas to you..ReplyDelete
yes, great idea to serve this for a Christmas dinner..Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.ReplyDelete
What a lovely christmas tree....bet it will enlighten everyone up
Beautifully done! your photos are so much nicer...thanks for the mention and Merry Xmas to youReplyDelete
I've seen a few of this Christmas tree buns and I have to say it really is a brilliant thing to be serving on Christmas day. Btw thx a lot for linking this to my Christmas event.ReplyDelete
Your edible Christmas tree is well presented. Well done!ReplyDelete
Look really beautiful Mich!!ReplyDelete
Elegante y muy hermoso mi querida Mich.... Feliz Navidad,hugs,hugs.ReplyDelete
Beautiful tree you have there! Blessed Christmas to you and your family!ReplyDelete
Hi Mich, your Christmas tree look so cute, too pretty to be eaten. :) Love the fluffy texture.ReplyDelete
Have a nice day.
just as pretty as jeannie's one and the texture looks very nice! merry christmas!ReplyDelete
You did a great job in creating this festive bread tree, Lena.ReplyDelete
Hi Mich, The Christmas tree buns look very pretty. I'm sure Santa Claus will be knocking on your door soon. Merry Christmas! :DReplyDelete
So beautiful and sooooooooo uniqueReplyDelete
And you did a great job Mich (not that I'm surprised)
I'd like to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas :)
Your Christmas tree is beautifully done. Wishing you and your family a very Merry and a blessed Christmas!ReplyDelete
This looks perfect for Christmas.ReplyDelete
These rolls look adorable and so perfect for a holiday dinner!ReplyDelete
Kumpulan Bokep Terupdate Terbaru 2020 ( COLMEK.FUN )ReplyDelete
NONTON VIDIO BOKEP TERBARU
BOKEP INDO JILBAB
BOKEP BARAT 18+
- ( Nonton Flem Sub Indo Di sini ya TerUPDATE )
Nonton Bokep Indonesia Terbaru SUKACROT.SITEReplyDelete
Nonton Bokep 2021ReplyDelete
situs bokep terbaru
kumpulan bokep jepang
situs bokep barat
bokep viral terbaru
film bokep korea terbaru
nonton bokep jepang
nonton film semi barat