Rita, a talented and creative baker I know from a Facebook cooking group shared a delicious looking Oreo cupcake on the group's wall and I knew I had to try it! Here, two Oreo cookies are sandwiched with a generous amounts of peanut butter and then baked in the ultimate Oreo chocolate cupcake. It sounds sinful, but it's one of those desserts you'll forget the calories for, especially if you are a chocolate and Oreo lover.
It's very easy to do but it'll be easier to visualise what I'm talking about through these step-by-step photos:
Spread a generous amount of peanut butter on each Oreo cookie and stack them in twos.
Place the pair of stacked cookie in a paper cup in a muffin tray.
Pour the chocolate batter over the Oreo cookies. Here's my daughter helping me with this. It's such an easy cupcake idea that kids can easily do it themselves!
Make sure the Oreo cookies are well covered, and bake them till the chocolate batter is done.
The Oreo cookie isn't as crispy as it was out of the box, but the Oreo, peanut butter and chocolate cake combination is extremely delicious! I really love this simple yet interesting cupcake idea and was thinking of making it for my daughter's birthday celebration in school. I am almost certain all the kids would be thrilled to bite into a chocolate cupcake with Oreos and peanut butter hidden inside!
The Ultimate Oreo Chocolate Cupcake (14 cupcakes)
Inspired by Rita, who was inspired by Inspiration World
- 28 Oreo Biscuits
- Peanut Butter, more or less depending on your preference
- Any Chocolate batter (see recipe below for what I used)
- Place paper cup into a muffin tin.
- Spread peanut butter on top of each oreo, and stack them up in twos.
- Place each set of two into a muffin cup.
- Fill each cup with chocolate batter till the top of the Oreo is covered.
- Bake at an oven pre-heated to 175*C for about 12-14 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool and enjoy!
Chocolate Batter Recipe
From Martha Stewart's One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup buttermilk (I added 3/4 tbsp of lemon juice to milk to make buttermilk)
- 3 tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Sift together cocoa powder, flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
- Add eggs, warm water, buttermilk, oil, and vanilla, and mix until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to assure batter is well mixed.
Bake Along is a bi-monthly blog hop hosted by