There's a particular hawker centre in Singapore near Serangoon which is famous for their grilled chicken wings. Whenever we eat there, we'll order those perfectly BBQ and grilled wings and eat them dipped in chilli and with lime juice squeezed all over it. This Bill Granger recipe for Honey Lemon Chicken Wings reminded me that I don't have to specially go all the way there to enjoy some delicious wings.
This recipe is the type of those easy peasy ones which I love for a quick dinner - where a simple marinade with readily available ingredients is all the preparation that is required. Half an hour later, a plate of piping hot wings is ready for dinner.
The combination of honey, lemon juice and spicy garlic makes these wings finger licking good - a must try for those who like their food a little sweet and a little sour.
Honey Lemon Chicken Wing (16 pieces)
Recipe by Bill Granger
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 16 free range chicken wings tips removed and jointed
- 125 ml Lemon Juice
- 5 Garlic Cloves if you are serving this for children, use 1 garlic clove
- 90 g Honey
- Lemon wedges to serve (optonal)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (400ºF/Gas 6).
- Place the chicken wings in a baking dish, sprinkle with the salt then roast for 30 minutes.
- Place the lemon juice, garlic and honey in a small bowl and stir until the honey has dissolved.
- Pour over the chicken wings and stir until well coated.
- Cook for another 20 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.