Stewed pears, apricots, cranberries with basil seeds (serves 6)
- 100 g dried apricots (cut into halves)
- 30 g dried cranberries
- 1 tbsp basil seeds (Kiwi seeds)
- 10 g South almonds (南杏)
- 3 whole Ya pears (diced)
- 7 cups of water
- Rock sugar to taste
- First, boil the South Almonds for about 10-15 minutes separately to soften it.
- Soak the apricots and cranberries for about 30 mins to soften them.
- Set the water to boil, add in the South Almonds, apricots and cranberries and boil for about 20 minutes or till the dried fruits are softened.
- Add in the diced Ya Pears and boil till it softens. Add a little more water if too much water has evaporated.
- Add in the amount of rock sugar till it reaches the sweetness you like.
- Add the Basil seeds (I found it in the agar agar section of the supermarket. It is called Kiwi seeds) in and stir. The seeds will plump up when in contact with hot water.
- Serve either warm or cold.