Monday 7 October 2013

Soya Bean Tofu Cheesecake

The post for Little Thumbs Up October: Soya Beans is here. Please go to this link to submit your posting. Thank you!

***

I first posted this Soya Bean Tofu Cheesecake recipe in October last year, and it still remains my favourite cheesecake recipe. 


Unlike normal cheese which tends to be on the heavier side, this version is lighter because tofu replaces some of the cheese and cream. It also uses soy milk instead of milk. What we have a light and pudding-like cheesecake tinged with the fragrance of soya beans. 


I dusted a layer of green tea powder on top and this gives it a light but fragrant green tea aroma with each bite. Instead of a digestive biscuit base, I've used a base of baked almond meal which is more nutritious and delicious.  


I hope you'll enjoy this cheesecake as much as I do!


Soya Bean Tofu Cheesecake (8-9 inches)
Recipe from here

Cheesecake Base

Ingredients
  • 1.5 cups of almond meal
  • 3 tbsp oil
Method
  • Mix together and press onto the base of a 8-9 inches spring foam tin
  • Bake at 175 degrees C for 15 mins till browned
  • Remove from oven to cool down, do not remove from base
Tofu Cheese Layer 
Group A:
  • Cream cheese, softened at room temperature 230 g
  • Caster sugar 70 g
  • Smooth silken tofu 230 g
  • Sour cream or yoghurt 50 g
  • Soya bean powder 30 g
Beat cream cheese and sugar on high speed for 3 minutes. Add in tofu, yoghurt and soya bean powder and beat on high speed for another 4 to 5 minutes.
Group B:
  • Diary whipping cream 50 g
Whip the diary whipping cream till stiff and place in refrigerator until you need it.
Group C:
  • Soya bean milk 100 g (Another option is to use 30 g of soya bean powder and mix with enough water to get 100 g of soya bean milk)
  • Gelatine 15 g
Double boil soya bean milk and gelatine over a water bath till the gelatine is completely dissolved.
Method
Combine Group A, B and C ingredients and mix well. Pour the mixture onto of the cheesecaje base. Refrigerate for 2-4 hours till the tofu cheese layer is set. Sprinkle with soya bean power before serving (I added some green tea powder into the soya bean powder for colour).

This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich of Piece of Cake at this post.



36 comments:

  1. Mich, it sure looks creamy and good! Since it is lighter, I'll have two slices please :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhmmmm yum! i love the base especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mich
    I have never made tofu cheesecake before. Just wondering how it was taste.....but Im sure definitely taste good..... as this is not too heavy and creamy in taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, lovely green colour too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely cheesecake! Looks inviting and beautiful too! Nice with tofu!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mich, never try tofu cheesecake but yours look inviting. Love the smooth texture. :)

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tofu Cheesecake? Interesting... A healthier choice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mich, looking at your cheesecake has reminded me that I haven't baked one for a long time now! Yours look yum yum to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is must be very yummy and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have not tried Tofu Cheesed Cake before. Looks interesting and healthy too..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay , gonna steal ( again ) this recipe before the month is out , hopefully *crosses-fingers* ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't try tofu cheese cake, this looks interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tofu in cheesecake. Interesting! Love the way how you dress the cheesecake :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You never cease to amaze me!
    Such a unique and terrific cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mich,

    I like cakes that can satisfy our tummy and also kind to our hips. I can clearly see why this is your fav cheesecake... :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  16. how nice if i can just get to taste a slice of this..nvr tasted tofu cheesecake before..tofu cheesecake was also quite popular at one time

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh, I am totally full ~ up to my throat after visiting all the blogger latest baked goods. Hmmm...yummm.... Green is my favourite ! >o<
    Hope you're going to have a lovely week ahead dear.
    Blessings, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Healthier choice, wondering how it taste like ?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mich, this is interesting and healthy choice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This cheesecake looks so creamy and delicious!!! Much healthier too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Mich, I've always wanted to try making tofu cheesecake, yours look super delicious! For the tofu, you just use it straight from the packaging is it? I've always felt a bit weird using the tofu straight from the tub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jasline, yes straight from packaging and its no problem... as in no tummy problems :p

      Delete
  22. Lovely cheesecake. How I wish to have a slice of it :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Mich,
    Beautiful cheesecake, and looks very delicious! No one would know these are made from tofu!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was going to make tofu cheesecake again with green tea too! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mich, I hope that I've time to make this tofu cheesecake before end of the month ! LOL Love the texture & the greeny color ! Looks so ZEN & guilt free , great for my waistline! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Mich you have done it again! A healthy dessert and I love matcha so this one I have to try this one. Love the fact that this is a no bake dessert. Take care, BAM

    ReplyDelete
  27. Eye-soothing photos :) Alluring recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love tofu in dessert, including cheesecake! This looks heavenly! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful cheesecake Anne, I absolutely like the idea of silken tofu mixed with cream cheese...lighter texture. Great pictures!
    Thanks for the recipe and hope you are enjoying your week :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have never thought of using tofu in a cheesecake. Your cheesecake looks nice and creamy and so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  31. This cake really looks delicious. I really love cakes, first time i had seen soya bean cake. I want to try this, thanks for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I never try tofu cheesecake before, I should! yours looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Mich,
    Interesting tofu cheesecake.
    I love your almond meal base and the sprinkle of green tea on top.
    mui

    ReplyDelete