I was thrilled to find all my favourite ingredients rolled into one cookie - oatmeal, bananas and chocolate chips! Use really ripened bananas and that really adds to the sweetness of the cookies so I reduced the sugar a little and find that its still sweet enough.
The oatmeal adds extra fiber and the chocolate chips add extra that extra something special. My kids really liked these cookies.
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
Note: The texture of this cookie is not crispy - it is soft and chewy.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars, mix until smooth. Add in vanilla extract and egg. Next, add the banana. Beat well.
- Slowly add in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets that have been lined with parchment paper or Silcone baking mats. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until golden. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.