Tuesday 25 February 2014

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Do you prefer chewy cookies or crunchy cookies? I normally like the crunchy type but occasionally I'd find a soft chewy type which I really like such as this Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie from well known bloggers Two Peas and their Pod. 


I was thrilled to find all my favourite ingredients rolled into one cookie - oatmeal, bananas and chocolate chips! Use really ripened bananas and that really adds to the sweetness of the cookies so I reduced the sugar a little and find that its still sweet enough. 


The oatmeal adds extra fiber and the chocolate chips add extra that extra something special. My kids really liked these cookies. 


Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies (About 40 small cookies)
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod

Note: The texture of this cookie is not crispy - it is soft and chewy.

Ingredients
  • 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 large banana, mashed
  • 1 ¼ cups all purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Method
  • In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
  • In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugars, mix until smooth. Add in vanilla extract and egg. Next, add the banana. Beat well.
  • Slowly add in flour mixture until just combined. Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
  • Drop cookie dough by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets that have been lined with parchment paper or Silcone baking mats.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until golden. Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.

23 comments:

  1. aaah these cookies look amazing!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen these cookies in Pinterest a lot and have been wondering about the texture…got to be chewy with bananas in them huh! Maybe I'll try this one day when I have leftover bananas:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies sounds easy to make and great to eat! May I know how much (in gram or cup) is the banana in this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyler would love these. I am not the biggest fan of the banana but love how you have used it. Great alternative to sugar too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me save some banana next time and try this yummy cookies. I just only used up some banana to bake some cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like chewy cookies, and this sounds fantastic - it's got my fav ingredients rolled into one too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice cookies! This is one of my family favourites

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mich,

    I know that you like banana. It is naturally sweet and good for our tummies :D

    The addition of banana must be making these cookies naturally sweet and healthy.

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like both! These oatmeal cookies look healthy and delicious, Mich. Oatmeal and banana are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mich,
    My family loves crunchy crispy cookies! Though if I baked some chewy ones, those would be gone too! Using bananas in cookies sounds very fragrant, more so with the addition of oats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mich, this is a lovely combination. Not surprised that these cookies are much loved!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cookies!!
    I've made almost the same recipe recently and they were gone in no time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Me too, I usually prefer crunchy cookies than chewy ones. I'm intrigued to try this one. I became to love oatmeal cookies later in my life (not growing up), and banana + oatmeal + chocolate chip sounds like a great match in cookies! I have to wait till going back my home, but this is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love crunchy cookies, and love the flavors here

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how much rise you've got on these, they sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mich, I just love soft and chewy cookies and adding bananas is a great way to add moist chewy texture and a little sweetness. I bet my teenagers would devour up a whole plate of these in just minutes. Take care, BAM

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the crunchy ones. I love oatmeal flour with banana a very tasty combination. These are proper cookies! Nice ones Mich.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty dam delicious cookies...
    Just perfect for my brunch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved these crunchy cookies...lovely combo...yumm..happy to follow you...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Me encanta sus galletas sorprendentes y crujientes se ve increìble,saludos y abrazos amiga.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kumpulan FILM INDOXXI Terbaru 2020

    Nonton INDOXXI

    Nonton LayarKaca21

    Nonton Bioskopkeren

    Nonton Film Terbaru


    Nonton Disini Drakor Terbaru

    Nonton Disini Serial MandarinTerbaru

    Nonton Disini AnimeTerbaru

    Nonton Disini Film India Terbaru

    Nonton Film Gratis

    BIOSKOP LAYAR KACA

    TERBARU DAN TERLENGKAP SILAHKAN KLIK LINK DI ATAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is very educational content and written well for a change. It's nice to see that some people still understand how to write a quality post.!
    ហ្វានតាន Online

    ReplyDelete