Cook Like A Star is back and these two months, we are not just cooking along with one celebrity chef but any of the previous chefs! So now you can choose recipes from Donna Hay, Barefoot Contessa, Jamie Oliver, Martha Stewart, Delia Smith, Curtis Stone, Ree Drummond and Bill Granger recipes!
ALL Stars Anniversary Cooking / Baking for Cook like a Star March and April 2014 celebrates Cook like a Star's 2nd year anniversary and is hosted by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Joyce of Kitchen Flavours. These past two years sure have gone by quickly!
As I did not take part in the Donna Hay event, the first thing I did was to go through her website to check out which recipes I would like to do. The first thing that caught my eye was this roasted chicken which turned out easy to make and flavourful from the aromatic mix of basil, lemon and garlic.
I think another chicken part would probably work well too, say chicken thighs or drumsticks as I felt that the chicken breasts (though healthier) tend to be more dry when baked. This is a great one-dish meal!
Basil, Lemon and Garlic Roasted Chicken (Serves 2)
Recipe by Donna Hay
- ¼ cup chopped basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 x 250g chicken breast fillets, skin on and wingtip attached, trimmed
- 2 zucchini (courgettes), sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup basil leaves, extra
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- Place the basil, lemon zest, garlic and oil in a bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the chicken and zucchini on a baking tray and spoon over the basil mixture. (I marinated the chicken in the basil mixture for 1 hour).
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and roast for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Top with extra basil leaves and serve with lemon wedges.
This is for Cook Like A Star hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours, Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Mich of Piece of Cake.