Sunday 9 March 2014

Cream Cheese Brownies

Biting into a moist, rich and grue-y brownie is such a comforting thing. There are days I simply need brownies to shoo away stress of housework!


These rich and moist cream cheese brownies did just that for me... I only made half the recipe and immediately regretted it as it was demolished in no time. The brownie layer was really good, though I thought there was too much cream cheese. 


The next time I do this, I'll halve the cream cheese so that I have more of a chocolate-y later. It would also be better to bake this in a smaller tray so that I'll have a thicker brownie to bite into. 


Cream Cheese Brownies (9 inch square tray)
Recipe by Nigella from here


Ingredients
 125 g dark chocolate
  • 125 g unsalted butter
  • 2 large eggs
  • 200 g caster sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 75 g plain flour
  • pinch of salt
  • 200 g cold Philadelphia cream cheese
Method
  •  Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
  • Melt the chocolate and butter over low heat in a heavy based pan.
  • Beat the eggs with sugar and vanilla.
  • Measure the flour into another bowl and add salt.
  • When the chocolate has all but completely melted, take the pan off the heat – the residual heat in the mixture will finish it off.
  • Leave for a bit to cool slightly before beating in the eggs and sugar.
  • Finally add the flour, and beat till smooth.
  • Pour half the mixture into the greased 9 inch square tin, slice the Philly as thinly as you can and put it on the mixture in the tin, pour the remaining mixture over the top.
  • Smooth the mix so that all the cream cheese is covered.
  • Bake for about 20 minutes – the top should be slightly paled and dry, but a skewer should reveal a slightly sticky centre. Cool for about 10 minutes before cutting into little squares.
Note: If I were to make this again, I would bake this in a 8 inch square tray (increase baking time by about extra 5 minutes) with half the amount of cream cheese as I prefer a thicker brownie with more chocolate part than cream cheese. 

This is for Cook Like A Star hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours, Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Mich of Piece of Cake. 


This post is for Bake Along #58, an event organised by Joyce from Kitchen FlavoursLena from Frozen Wings and Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids.

27 comments:

  1. Mich , there is no such thing as too much cream cheese lol Okay , maybe I'l reduce it as well when I make this ;D Your brownies look sinful and I bet it tastes as good as it looks !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mich
    Cream cheese and chocolate that's really sounds sinfully yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yea! Those are some "sinful" looking brownies, Mich, just the way I love them!!! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Se ve increìble su pastel con queso crema muy fino me encanta,abrazos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Mich,
    Looks like this brownie is a winner for everyone! We love it with more cream cheese! Next time, I'll add some choc chips, just like Alice did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mich, I'm on dieting now... hahaa but I really can't resist to have a slice or two of these cheese brownies from you :D Look sooo yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Irresistible yummy brownies..they look so sinfully good

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a luscious and rich treat! Chocolate and cheese..a heavenly combo, Mich.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow these are luxurious brownies. I really love that cheese in the middle. Beautiful recipe Mich.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mich,

    That's what I did... I reduced the amount of cream cheese to get the "David Copperfield" look for my brownies. With more or less cream cheese, I think this brownies are equally yummy!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look scrumptious and delicious - what a great treat!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your brownies looks delicious, i can't resits to have one slice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mich, looks like this is a very popular recipe for this month. I think Lena has also used less cream cheese for her version of the brownies. Doing housework continuously does make me feel like a robot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. indeed a very nice brownie there... so many of you baking this and giving good reviews.. i should seriously consider

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love cream cheese brownie. Your brownies look so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mich, these brownies are so tempting! A sure fire diet buster :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mich, this is so tempting and irresistible. Drooling.... cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Irresistible brownie recipe :)

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi mich, i would love to have more cream cheese in mine! just unfortunately i was frustrated slicing the cream cheese and thus just used a portion of what required. Very glad that you like these brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Mich, this is sinfully and awfully good!! Love it!:D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loooove cooking brownies. Especially when they are in the oven and your whole house smells like chocolate.!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my this looks absolutely divine. Must try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. They look so rich and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mich, I yet have to add cream cheese in brownies...I have seen many posts and I am really tempted to make myself...yours look delicious!
    Hope you are having a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mich, your cream cheese brownies look awesome. Would love to have a huge slice with coffee, please.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kumpulan FILM INDOXXI Terbaru 2020

    Nonton INDOXXI

    Nonton LayarKaca21

    Nonton Bioskopkeren

    Nonton Film Terbaru


    Nonton Disini Drakor Terbaru

    Nonton Disini Serial MandarinTerbaru

    Nonton Disini AnimeTerbaru

    Nonton Disini Film India Terbaru

    Nonton Film Gratis

    BIOSKOP LAYAR KACA

    TERBARU DAN TERLENGKAP SILAHKAN KLIK LINK DI ATAS :)

    ReplyDelete