My family simply loves butter cake and I would occasionally indulge them with a home made one. I've made Orange Butter Cake as well as Marble Butter Cake recently, so I decided to make a lemon-y one so that I can take part in Little Thumbs Up.
This butter cake is not only easy to make but really delicious too. It is light and fluffy and I love the refreshing lemon taste that comes with each bite.
What makes this cake delicious is really the lemon glaze which is poured over the cake when it is still hot and left to soak through the cake. The glaze sets in even more if left overnight and makes the cake even more moist and flavourful.
Lemon Butter Cake (8” spring foam cake tin)
Recipe from Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover
- 250 g butter
- 200 g sugar
- 2 lemon, finely grate the rind
- 4 large eggs
- 280 g cake flour
- 2 tsp of double action baking powder
- 4 tbsp milk
- 8 tbsp sugar
- 2 lemons, extract juice
- 2 lemons, finely grate the rind
- Sift cake flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- Beat butter with the sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add in egg one at a time, then add in lemon rind, mixing well.
- Fold in the flour and milk, combine well.
- Pour the mixture into cake tin.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 50 mins.
- While baking the cake, start to prepare the lemon glaze.
- Mix sugar and lemon juice and cook over low heat till sugar dissolved, add in lemon rind, set aside.
- When cake done, remove cake from the oven and prick all over with a skewer.
- Pour over the lemon glaze over the hot cake.
- Ideally to leave cake to set overnight, to get better flavour.
This is for Little Thumbs Up organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of my little favourite DIYhosted by Grace of Life Can be Simple at this post.