Saturday 16 August 2014

Seared Tiger Prawns and Garlic, Chilli and Lemongrass

There's nothing more delicious than fresh prawns cooked simply like in this Gordan Ramsay recipe. 


Tiger prawns are really costly locally so I only bought six of them. The prawns are marinated in flavourful ingredients for half a day and that really made it that especially delicious. Sweet juicy prawns imbued with aromatic lemongrass and garlic and the spiciness of chilli!


Though Gordan Ramsay recommended that these are to be dipped into mayo or salsa, I think that's not necessary as that would cover the flavours of the marinade. I'd eat the prawns as it is!


Seared Tiger Prawns (Serves 4)
Recipe by Gordon Ramsay

Ingredients
  • 12 large raw Tiger Prawns peeled and deveined - tail shell on
  • 3 peeled Garlic Cloves
  • 2 deseeded red Chilli's
  • 2 Stalks Lemongrass
  • 2.5cm piece fresh root Ginger peeled
  • 5 tablespoons Olive Oil
  • sea salt
  • Pepper
Method
  • Put the tiger prawns in a shallow dish.
  • Pound the garlic, chillies, lemongrass and ginger together using a pestle and mortar, gradually adding the olive oil until you have a rough paste (or whiz briefly in the blender).
  • Season with salt and pepper. Baste the prawns with the spice paste and leave to marinate in a cool place for 2-3 hours.
  • Cook the marinated prawns on the hot barbecue for 4-6 minutes, turning, until they turn pink and feel slightly firm to the touch – don’t overcook.
  • Serve at once, with a flavoured vinaigrette, soured cream or tomato salsa.


This is for Cook Like A Star hosted by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out and Mich of Piece of Cake. 

55 comments:

  1. Whenever I see dishes using lemongrass, I knew the prawns dish will result fragrant and aroma in taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those giant prawns look beyond delicious, Mich. Love lemongrass!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can almost taste the prawns.. Sounds delicious Mich..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple yet very appetizing ! If only prawns here are always cheap :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. simple but already sounds so flavourful to me.. makes a great appetizer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love prawns and these look absolutely amazing Mich!! Im absolutely hungry oh dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy, these giant prawns looked so tempting ... with lemon grass, chilli, ginger and garlic paste, surely very fragrance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mich, these prawns would be relished by seafood lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yumm!!! salivating at the sight of those fat juice prawns!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like prawns...prepared in any style and your dishes look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. MIch, these prawns looks awesome.
    Love that apetizing color of the prawns. Yum!

    mui

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks so delicious! Yes, I would eat them as it is too, without any dip! Enjoy the natural sweetness of the prawns with all that lovely herbs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Mich,

    With all the right spices and ingredients you used to cook, these fresh prawns must be super awesome! Too bad that I'm allergy to prawns and so I can see and smell but can't eat them :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your prawns look so spicy and their colour is perfect - great recipe :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  15. Omg! I love prawns! I d eat 1000 of them! They look sooo tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, I am Francesca and I'm Italian. Congratulations on the blog, there are so many recipe all to copy. From now on I will follow you. if you want to see me go. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful dish. I've never had lemongrass using a dish like this. I love the fragrance of lemongrass and must be so good with prawns!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tiger prawns are a special treat in our home too due to their price. Your GR recipe looks so good, can imagine licking up all the leftover spices from the plate once the prawns have been devoured.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow interesting! !!first i was read this article i was amaze,hope many readers you may help.. Goodluck!!

    website

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice article, thanks for the information. You give me some idea's. I will bookmark for next reference.


    LBJ Real Estate Shirl Thornton

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh that shrimp, love to try this dish, thanks!
    I found this Thin Brick

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow! it looks so tasty and delicious. thanks for sharing
    Hiking Boots

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kumpulan FILM INDOXXI Terbaru 2020

    Nonton INDOXXI

    Nonton LayarKaca21

    Nonton Bioskopkeren

    Nonton Film Terbaru


    Nonton Disini Drakor Terbaru

    Nonton Disini Serial MandarinTerbaru

    Nonton Disini AnimeTerbaru

    Nonton Disini Film India Terbaru

    Nonton Film Gratis

    BIOSKOP LAYAR KACA

    TERBARU DAN TERLENGKAP SILAHKAN KLIK LINK DI ATAS :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. is very fond of this article because it gives a lot of inspiration thanks
    ស្លតកាស៊ីណូអនឡាញ​​

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice post. It’s always interesting to read articles here. you really great

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are among the top writers of this generation. Great article. keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your style is so unique. I’ve enjoyed read stuff here. Waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I enjoy reading this post. Also, thanks for allowing me to comment!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for sharing this information with us, Keep on bloggingg here

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi! this is often nice article you shared with great information.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I want to to thank you for this good read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so much hilarious blog, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks to sharing with us !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. wonderful approach and great initiation. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  35. Excellent post. I was checking constantly this blog and I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Also, I’ve shared your website in my social networks.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thank you, I will try and check back more frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I honestly appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am unable to read articles online very often, but I’m glad I did today.

    ReplyDelete
  41. This is very well written and your points are well-expressed.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today I find it finally.

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is so much hilarious blog, Anyways thanks for posting ideas.

    ReplyDelete