Quick and easy pasta dishes are a mum's life saver for days when you need to whip up an almost instant one-dish meal with minimal ingredients. Gordan Ramsey's Spaghetti with Prawns in Creamy Tomato Sauce certainly fits the bill for such a dish.
Prawns and softened cherry tomatoes are mixed with pasta in a creamy sauce infused with aromatic basil. There is a slight hint of spiciness from the chilli but not enough to really make it too spicy for the kids to enjoy.
I prefer more sauce, so I doubled the amount of cream added. In fact I don't think the 100ml of cream recommended in the recipe is enough to coat the 500g of pasta. This is a must-try fuss free dinner.
Spaghetti with Prawns in Creamy Tomato Sauce (4 servings)
A Gordan Ramsey Recipe
- 500 g cooked Prawns
- 600 g Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 spring onions finely sliced or shredded
- 1 Chilli deseeded and chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic chopped
- Sea Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 500 g dried Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 100 ml Double cream (I used 200ml of cooking cream)
- basil leaf chopped
- Put the cherry tomatoes, spring onion, chilli, garlic and olive oil in a heavy-based pan and cook over a medium heat until soft but not coloured. Season with pepper and cook until soft.
- Add the spaghetti to a large pan of boiling salted water with the olive oil and cook until al dente.
- Meanwhile add the prawns to the sauce and stir in the cream and chopped basil. Warm through gently for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the pasta sauce. Divide between warm plates, Serve immediately.